The Truth about Riches

They say you can’t take it with you
That’s probably true

Money won’t pay your way
to get into heaven

Whether you are rich or poor
the price is the same
to atone for sin

Only Jesus, the half shekel,
will get you in

___________________________________

For the Quadrille prompt at dVerse Poets Pub today, Kim wants us to write our 44-word gems using the word rich. Interesting timing since the message at church yesterday was about relationships being more important than possessions and wealth. I was going to use that message as the basis for my poem, but decided to go with one of my favorite Old Testament verses that points to Jesus.

For a longer discussion on this topic, check out my 2010 post here.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Truth about Riches

1. Indeed… we will leave the world as we arrived … naked.

2. lillian says:

You can’t take it with you……………so so true. And I also think there are riches that are beyond counting in coins….and those are to be enjoyed the most while here on earth.

3. kim881 says:

A quadrille of truth, Linda. Thank you for sharing.

4. True words, Linda. Thank you for sharing.

5. maria says:

Hear, hear…

6. Love your first and last 3 lines in particular.

7. Truedessa says:

Point taken and well said.

8. sanaarizvi says:

Ah yes, this is one thing many individuals fail to comprehend.. only our actions will take us there .. no amount of fame, riches and connections will matter. Beautifully penned 🙂

Very true Linda!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )