Who Am I?

A Quadrille self-portrait for dverse Poets Pub.
——–

I am afraid at my core
but courageous because
I know God loves me
I am survivor, forgiver
I am a killer, but forgiven
I am an introverted extrovert
straddling the line of expectations
Melancholy but full of joy
Lover of mercy and justice

image

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Who Am I?

1. Mish says:

I have always appreciated your openness, Linda and I see so much joy in your photo! šŸ™‚

I love the picture of you – it is always how I picture you – the introverted extrovert – even if sad, I see you bathing in the sunlight of God’s love and sharing it for all. Well done.

3. Wow such a mixture there. Great poem. šŸ™‚

4. jillys2016 says:

Terrific self-portrait, Linda! The dichotomy of being an introvert and extrovert is the pivot of this poem. (Fits me, too – I get that one!)

5. ghostmmnc says:

God loves us all. Amen! Thanks for the reminder, Linda. Honest and true words. Love your photo! šŸ™‚

6. Janet says:

Felt so much of me in you! thank-you for sharing openly! We sure are complex, aren’t we?!

7. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

I love straddling the line of expectations’. Way to go! šŸ™‚

8. I like your self-portrait and relate to much of it myself, esp., the fear at my core but trusting God.

Love the photo Linda. And I think I am also in between, the introverted extrovert, straddling the line of expectations. Good one!

10. lillian says:

Excellent answer to the prompt – shows the juxtapositioning we do in life. Especially like these words “introverted extrovert straddling the lines of expectations.”

11. Strong, deep, honest, earnest. Have a lump in my throat.

12. Sumana Roy says:

i love this poem shining and gilded with pure truth…

13. This is great! I especially like these lines:
    I am an introverted extrovert
    straddling the line of expectations
    –Thanks for sharing!

14. p.s. says:

This is awesome. Totally, fantastically perfect, honest, and deep. I wish I could have written this and have it be my truth. I have crumbled spiritually over the past several years. I remember knowing these truths, but can’t claim them anymore. I’m sure there’s hope, but it’s hard to grasp.

• There’s always hope as long as there is breath. It took me many years to find it. Just keep looking and praying. God loves you, too!

• p.s. says:

You’re so right. I wonder if part of me tries to be so awful that not even God could love me … kind of like I tend to do with humans. If you make everyone hate you, then they can’t really hurt you (much).

• p.s. says:

Just so you know, every time I click on your links, I think, “Oh no. I don’t want to read this. She’s going to make me feel bad because I know I’m not acting the way I’m supposed to. I’m not reading my Bible, and I don’t have a right heart.”

That is a huge compliment to you. You are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Making the heathens feel sweaty and uncomfortable. šŸ˜›

And just so you know, I’m married to a minister. I think that’s what makes me feel so stir-crazy and stifled. But also, I’ve always been a wild child. I’m naturally an awful person. So when I’m living for God, if you see me and knew me before, you will KNOW that the Holy Spirit is real, alive, and active. Because otherwise, there’s no way I could become such a totally different person under His influence.

• We’re all naturally awful people. If my writing makes you squirm that’s the Holy Spirit, too. šŸ™‚

15. A good mix of contradictions – I especially like lover of mercy and justice.

16. Bodhirose says:

I understand the contrasts…humans are very multi-dimensional. Nice photo, Linda. šŸ™‚

17. Just as I’ve imagined you! Glad to read you, Linda!

18. I get it! Great use of contrasts which is what a redeemed life is all about.

19. A beautiful ode to nonduality! Love it

20. Charley says:

I am an introverted extrovert
    straddling the line of expectations

Gee, and I am an extroverted introvert… really! I love the opposites you present in your bio. Too often we are given either only the gold or the dross by the author/poet. Thank you for showing both sides in this well-crafted mini-bio-poem!