Fear, My Foe

I’d have you meet

He is Truth
and the Way
You shan’t win
but perish this day

___________________________

I haven’t had much time for poetry lately because I’ve been working on my memoir and a book proposal to pitch the memoir to agents at a conference I’m attending in two weeks. But I was compelled today to make time for a Quadrille. It’s only 44 words, after all. And then to find that the word for today at dVerse Poets Pub‘s Quadrille Monday is fear. Can’t wait to see what others wrote on this topic that is dear to my heart.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Fear, My Foe

1. jerennazuto says:

A wonderful and inspiring poem. It shouldn’t win indeed!

2. Enjoy your poem. I tried to link up with dverse but it won’t take my word press acct. Don’t know why.

3. Olga says:

Fear lives in the shadows and truth gains strength from light. May the light shine bright on us all. 🙂

4. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Good luck with the book pitch.

5. lillian says:

Truth wins out over fear….let it be so!

6. Eventually truth comes out and wins – sometimes takes awhile. Lovely read!

7. maria says:

Here’s not not letting our fears win! 😀

Liked by 2 people

8. Your faith is your comfort. 🙂 Best wishes for a successful book pitch! Go kick butt!

9. Glenn Buttkus says:

I wrote about fear as ally & friend; opposite ends of the poetic spectrum. Faith & truth–the eternal poetics.

10. Deceit and fear are two of our adversary’s favorite tool and he is so skilled with them. And we live under a cloud of both, it seem, these days.

Liked by 2 people

11. Charley says:

In control. In the light. Fearless.

Liked by 2 people

12. whimsygizmo says:

Amen. Fear never wins.

13. Great poem. (I wish you success in finding an agent and selling your book).

14. jillys2016 says:

As I clicked your link I was reminded of the name on your blog – so fitting for today’s prompt. Great job with this one, Linda & good luck with what lies ahead in your writing!

15. I find myself hoping constantly lately that truth will win over lies.
    I like the faith in your poem.

16. I see you standing with a sword and shield carved from truth and faith.

17. Frank Hubeny says:

One needs support and refuge to confront the adversary fear.