Light Shines in the Shadows

Anger, hatred, fear, doubt
dwell where they think
they escape the light

I dare not enter
the shadows alone

With Light in hand
I reveal that which hides
in the shadows
of my soul

________________________

It’s Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub once again and De has assigned us the word “shadow” for our 44-word tomes. Head on over and see what others have to say about their shadow or shadows.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Light Shines in the Shadows

1. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

Brave to confront them!

2. So good we don’t need to face those shadows alone.

3. Two Wolves
    Feed
    in aLL
    E MoT iONs..
    one dArk
    and liGht ‘tween
    TAste foR liGht
    sMell For dArk..
    TOuch f0r Victory..
    SeeS Hears WolF liGht..:)

4. This resonates deeply. Wonderful and meaningful writing.

5. frankhubeny says:

I agree that one shouldn’t enter the shadows alone.

6. Brian says:

The Light chases away the shadows indeed.

7. Sanaa Rizvi says:

This is lovely! Love the idea of holding onto the light ❤️

8. maria says:

Awwee! Love how s/he holds on to that Light . ❤

9. Yes, it lurks and is part of our negative and stressed thoughts but you are right to uphold the light.

10. Mish says:

We do need to bring the Light with us to protect us from the darkness…even those shadows we cast upon ourselves sometimes.

11. We do need a guiding light to excavate those shadows… Love it,

12. whimsygizmo says:

Oh, yes. The Light of the World outshines all, and sheds light where it is needed most. Love this, Linda. ❤