Seed of Hope

Hope nestled into crevices of my soul
a minuscule seed waiting to sprout
roots grew deep into the darkness
born of bitterness

Until at last
fragrant flowers of faith
burst forth from the surface
broke open my stony heart
to produce hope and love

___________________________________

I love De’s choice of the word hope for Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub, that I just had to write another.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Seed of Hope

1. Mish says:

Even in the darkness, hope waits to grow.
    Beautiful!

2. Sabio Lantz says:

When good has a chance to sprout after the bad, it can be inspiring, but often that opportunity never comes. Sadly.

3. lillian says:

Absolutely beautiful! Hope as a seed that is planted, nourished, grows, and blossoms forth. Reminds us that there is tending needed 🙂

4. Hope is indeed a small seed that needs nurturing.

5. So, beautiful. I wish all of us let the flower in our heart to flourish and smile.

6. kim881 says:

I love the seed of hope nestling into soul crevices and the flowers bursting forth, Linda.

7. I like that you wrote more than one. We all need as much hope as we can get.

8. Bev says:

The power of hope so aptly described. Beautiful.

9. Waltermarks says:

Hope can break up that fallow ground inside our heart. Thank you for that refreshment!

10. What a beautiful metaphor for hope.

11. Frank Hubeny says:

I liked the idea of hope breaking the stony heart.

12. whimsygizmo says:

Hope as a seed…faith as a flower. Doesn’t get any better than this, Linda.