Shards of Clay

I am a shattered
jar of clay

Shards of me once
upon the ground lay scattered

I didn’t think I mattered
to anyone at all

Then the One who loves me
each tiny shard gathered

He pieced me together
and grace upon me splattered

I am whole though cracked
a jar of clay remastered

Filled to the brim with His love

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Shards of Clay

1. Oloriel says:

Your poem reminded me of that Japanese (I think?) story about fixing broken ceramics with gold; the cracks and lessons -it would make them look like life’s masterpiece.

2. Mish says:

The rhyme works here and doesn’t feel like it takes anything away from the message. I especially like the imagery of a broken, yet “remastered” jar of clay filled with love.

3. amen. amen. amen. a blessed Easter to you!

4. Truedessa says:

I like to believe though one might be cracked one can still be mended into a beautiful work of art. Wishing you a Happy Easter

5. A beautiful humble pot, a perfect vessel.

6. memadtwo says:

I like the way this circles around and comes together again. (K)

7. Beverly Crawford says:

A beautiful statement of faith.

8. merrildsmith says:

A nice use of metaphor here. I like the whole, but cracked. It’s a good reminder about a lot of things–relationships, bodies, as well as souls.

9. sanaarizvi says:

Lovely, lovely use of metaphor here, Linda!! ❤️❤️

10. msjadeli says:

A very powerful metaphor, Linda. I love the idea of a warm jar of clay sitting in the sun.

11. This is so beautiful and reminds me of the Japanese art of mending pottery with gold- Kintsugi.

Liked by 2 people

12. Simple and powerful!

13. Glenn Buttkus says:

As a metaphor for marriage or Christ consciousness, this piece works well. Like Bjorn mentioned, a mended relationship is sacred.

14. This is beautiful, Linda, and so true. Thank you for sharing!

15. kim881 says:

A comforting poem to read this Maundy Thursday, Linda.

16. Frank Hubeny says:

It is good to be such a cracked but remastered jar of clay to hold love.

17. There is something even better with something you mend.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )