Happy Anniversary to Me!
Today is my four-year blogging anniversary. It was September 25, 2009 that I decided to try my hand at sharing my writing with the world. That first day I posted four different posts, I was so excited for the new adventure. Over the past four years I have:
- Published 988 posts (plus this one, which makes 989)
- Completed a post-a-day challenge in 2011, actually publishing more than 365 posts that year
- Had over 110,000 page views, starting with an average of 17 per day that first month and reaching a high average of 167 per day for March 2013
- I’ve had page views from 171 countries out of the 195 countries in the world since February 25, 2012, when WordPress started tracking these stats
- Gained 300 blog followers, plus 39 Twitter followers and 188 people who read my posts from Facebook links
- Made a bunch of blogging friends who have blogs I love to read when I have time
- Talked with numerous family and friends about my blog and been encouraged by their appreciation for what I write
- Had 6,241 comments posted, though probably a third of those are me responding to comments
- Started writing poetry, including a 40-poems-for-Lent session in 2013, and a total of 285 poems
- Been invited to contribute to two other blogs, one of which (Broken Believers) is still in operation
- Participated in a bunch of Open Link Nights and other poetry challenges at dVerse Poets Pub
- Boldly shared the Gospel with the hopes of bringing the Light of Christ to as many people as I can
- Based on hits for my recipes, helped a lot of people with their Traeger cooking
- Taken one three-month sabbatical from blogging, though it wasn’t planned, it just happened
- And thoroughly enjoyed myself so much that I am truly looking forward to my next four years of blogging and beyond
When I started, I could never have imagined the journey I’ve been on. I have no idea where God will take this blog in the future, but I have no doubt that He is in control of it every step of the way and that the rest of the journey is going to be awesome.
You are a wonderful blogger and blog friend! Wishing you many more years of sharing His heart and words here!
Thank you and happy anniversary!
Deb, You are so sweet, as always. Your encouragement along the way is one of the reasons I’ve kept it up so successfully. You were a great example to me, too. I hope all is going well with you while you take a much-deserved break from blogging. I’m glad you are still around and commenting. 🙂 Peace, Linda
Happy Anniversary – Keep it UP!
Love and Prayers
Susie, Thanks so much. I always appreciate your prayers. Peace, Linda
[ Smiles ] Happy fourth blogging anniversary to you!
Congratulations on your accomplishments! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! 🙂