Fearfully and Wonderfully Made – A Poem

This morning as I was getting ready for work the song All Fall Down by MercyMe was playing on my iPod. I paused my iPod towards the end of this song for my prayer time and picked up my book of Psalms for Prayer to read the next psalm, which happened to be Psalm 139. I had to smile when I got to verse 14 because it is one of the lines in the song I had just been listening to. Psalm 139:14 says, “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”

I decided to write a short psalm of my own based on this verse and to also share the song by MercyMe. Because it is Tuesday, I will be sharing this later today for Open Link Night at dVerse Poets Pub.

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I will praise You, O Lord
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made

You are the Creator of my soul
my mind, my talents and strengths

You knew me before I was
and had a plan for all my days

Take my strengths, O Lord
and use them to Your glory

You are the Creator of all that I am
Your ways are too wonderful for me to understand

Take my weaknesses, O Lord, my God
and show Your might and power to overcome

I am fearfully and wonderfully made
to You belongs all my praise

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Fearfully and Wonderfully Made – A Poem

1. Debbie says:

A poem AND a Mercy Me song? I am blessed . .thank you, Linda! And God bless you!

2. Rod E. Kok says:

Amen. Beautifully written.

3. Awesome and beautiful, Linda! I love it!

4. ND Mitchell says:

Lovely psalm. Especially liked the lines about weaknesses.

Beautiful song of praise, LInda. What a wonderful way of meditating, really, to write your own poem based on what you read in prayer time. I always enjoy your work.

6. brian miller says:

smiles…def reads like a psalm and with the right awe and praise for who he made us to be…very nice linda…

7. claudia says:

ah and he can even make something wonderful from our weaknesses…this is what stuns me most..

8. Jamie Dedes says:

Lovely! Gratitude may be the only prayer we need.