Risen

We shout He is risen
but do we understand
the importance of the rising
of the Son of man?

Today on Easter Monday
and tomorrow and the next
we need not be fearful
worried or perplexed

Hope has risen
freeing us from death’s prison

________________________________

At dVerse Poets Pub today Merril is calling for Quadrilles with some form of the word rise. With Easter still on my mind, I came up with this little poem.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Risen

1. Frank Hubeny says:

Good observation: “Hope has risen” Happy Easter.

2. Maggie C says:

Hope rising. We need that for sure!

3. jazzytower says:

A message of faith, hope and new beginnings. In line with Easter. Nice one.

Pat

4. robtkistner says:

Wonderful expression of your faith Linda… 🙂

Timely message with the Easter season.

6. and tomorrow and the next… I like how Easter is more than a day, a weekend in your poem. As it is meant to be.

7. Mish says:

A timely write, but then again… a message for all time. Nice one, Linda.

8. So true! Do we really understand? And how often do we take the time to ponder/wonder if we do? Thanks for sharing this.

9. Beverly Crawford says:

I spent this morning finding on You Tube the old, traditional Easter hymns, and listening to them with pleasure.. I miss them so in the modern church services. Beautiful poem.

10. msjadeli says:

Faith removes fear and hope rises. I like your poem.

11. merrildsmith says:

I think it would be hard to live without hope, wherever we find it.
    As Björn said, a true Easter poem.

12. Excellent write in the spirit of Easter!

13. A true poem of easter… well done.

14. Glenn Buttkus says:

I hoped you would touch on Easter’s true meaning; and you don’t disappoint. I went to the other end of the spectrum, finding humor in the phrase.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )