Echoes of Grace

The prompt at dVerse Poets Pub Meeting the Bar yesterday was to write Echo Verse. Most of the examples of the traditional form included the word “echo” before the echoing second line of each stanza, but an option without the word “echo” was offered and I like it better. So here’s my offering for the day.

Echoes of Grace

I desire to pen words that are right

Write

But that won’t lead to my disgrace

Grace

I don’t want to write of You what is untrue

True

I long to feel Your loving embrace

Race

Running, praying, ’til I get to You

You

Learning how to offer Your sweet grace

Grace

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Echoes of Grace

1. gretl feeson says:

Reblogged this on Letters & notes and commented:
    Really nice echo verse poem by lindakruschke

2. Oh I love how you find what you need in that responding voice.

3. Abhra says:

Learning how to offer Your sweet grace
    Grace

~ Beautiful and soulful, Linda.

4. Gabriella says:

I like how echo seems to offer strength to the poet as he/she ponders on testimony and life.

5. Sumana Roy says:

as an echo verse this poem is perfect…echo seems to be a guiding force from within…lovely…

6. Yes.. Force Lives within
    Win
    Never Force ruled by men
    Sin
    God JUST BE
    FREE..:)

I really like the meditation here, Linda. There is so much we can learn from finding out / using what is true!

8. Sanaa Rizvi says:

This is lovely! The echoes seem to answer back to the verses.. like a dialogue. Excellent write 😀

Lots of love,
    Sanaa

• Thanks. I’ve had a conversation with God that is echoes of grace running through my head all week. I guess that’s why it ended up sounding like a dialogue, though unintentionally. Peace, Linda