Gathering Treasure

Once upon a time
I gathered grievances like treasure
stored in my heart pain without measure
I held tight
to my rights

I learned in time
to gather forgiveness instead
like leftover pieces of miracle bread
when the 5,000 were fed

True treasure beyond measure

______________________________

For the Quadrille Monday prompt at dVerse Poets Pub today, Lillian wants to gather our 44 words into a poem. And the lovely thing about a Quadrille is that it’s easy to find just the right 44 words to get it done.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Gathering Treasure

1. Mish says:

A good lesson indeed. I really enjoyed the rhyme in your poem, Linda.

2. Singledust says:

reading your last stanza was like feeling like a huge burden released

3. Forgiveness is hard to give, and for many even harder to receive…. but it’s the only way.

• I think some people mistakenly believe that to forgive means you are saying the one who hurt you wasn’t wrong. But if the transgression wasn’t wrong, there would be no need to forgive.

4. beautifully written – with sincerity and simplicity –

5. Jo says:

I love these lines:
    “I learned in time
    to gather forgiveness instead.”

6. kim881 says:

That’s what a lot of people tend to do, hug grievances to their chests. I love that you have shared your learning and experience about gathering forgiveness – ;like miracle bread.

Gather forgiveness..I love the message Linda ~

8. Frank Hubeny says:

Nice phrase: “pieces of miracle bread”

9. Debbie says:

OH I love this! :

10. Charley says:

Yep. Hold on to grievances and develop ulcers. Learn forgiveness and see heaven spreading… or, at the very least, the spreading of hot ashes! 🙂

11. lillian says:

Beautiful lines:
    “like leftover pieces of miracle bread
    when the 5,000 were fed”
    So glad you posted to the prompt!

Liked by 2 people

12. jillys2016 says:

Marvelous simile!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w