Campfire Memory

Curled up next to you
in our two-seater camp chair
staring into the campfire
warmed by fire and you

We watched long-legged spiders
sidle up to the edge of the fire ring
trying to get warm, too

Meanwhile the dogs slept in the tent

It’s Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub where De is calling for our 44-word poems that include some form of the wordย fire. I’m not really a fan of campfires because I tend to end up with the smoke in my face, but the prompt reminded me of a camping trip my husband and I went on early in our marriage, back when we only had dogs.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Campfire Memory

1. The dogs didn’t know what they were missing.

2. Mish says:

Spiders trying to stay warm, joining in with campfire…that is a great image.

3. Warm and cozy! Watch out for those campfire stones though, as black widows like to share in the heat.

4. I remember many cozy campfires myself, as a child surrounded by singing family members. We don’t camp anymore, but the memories still warm my heart and make me smile. Thanks for reminding me. โค

This made me smile…the two snuggling by the fire, the spiders wanting to get warm and the dogs in the tent!

6. Vivian Zems says:

I’m snuggling up to this warm poem. Meanwhile.. the dog seems a smart bugs to bother him ๐Ÿ™‚

7. long legged spiders – hmm. I’d be in the tent with the dogs!

8. campfire with loved ones – what else do we need ๐Ÿ™‚

9. I have done some camping. Not my choice. Although some good memories, those days are behind us, I hope. Love the picture of the bears!

10. Frank Hubeny says:

I like those spiders trying to get warm as well.

11. I somehow can’t imagine dogs being much interested in long-legged spiders and staring into the flames ๐Ÿ™‚

12. kim881 says:

Your poem made me smile, Linda – especially the thought of the dogs in the tent!

13. sanaarizvi says:

Ooh that’s just delightful! ๐Ÿ˜Š Keep away from spiders though ๐Ÿ’–

14. whimsygizmo says:

Heehee. Hope those spiders don’t get too close! ๐Ÿ˜‰

15. Nothing beats to be at a camp-fire with someone dear…. I would love to do that too.

16. jillys2016 says:

Intriguing juxtaposition between the lovers, the spiders, and the dogs!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )