Quadrille Cheating

Drizzling icing on a cake
seems a bit like cheating
but saves the frustration
of frosting pulling up bits of cake top
as the spatula slides along
layer to layer

___________________

I cheated. For this to be a Quadrille, you must count these words, too.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Quadrille Cheating

1. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

Oh yes, you’re so right!

2. Glenn Buttkus says:

You don’t need 44 words to spread your words; so cool–kudos for your poetic brevity.

3. lynn__ says:

Ah, so this is how you have your cake…and eat a quadrille too 😉

4. Singledust says:

that was a cute cheat and that it involved cake in my books all is good!

5. Clever! About the cake frosting, I heartily agree. And if you’re going to cheat, cheat up to the hilt 🙂

6. Makes me want that brownie, which I know is downstairs!

7. thotpurge says:

Lol..that was clever… adding a note at the end.

8. I have trouble getting my 44 words to work the way I want. How you manage 30 is beyond me… But then again, I also save the frosting for someone else! 😮

9. Gay says:

This made me smile on not a very smiley feeling day. Good to read you again Linda.

The icing would cover up nicely ha ~

11. I don’t know how to drizzle in cake world but i do know how to cheat a quadrille now…brilliant

12. frankhubeny says:

I have never iced a cake but I can imagine how a spatula might pick up pieces of the cake if things are too sticky.

13. Mish says:

I had never thought about it…a drizzling is much easier. And miss quadrille cheater…you did make me laugh with your clever addition at the end.

14. Ah, you scamp, how funny! I do so love being in the company of wordaholics!

15. jillys2016 says:

Bwa ha ha! Been there! You describe it so well!