Divided We’ll Fall

It dawned on me
late last night
before the dawn
there’s only moonlight

The days may be longer
but in darkness they stand
as hatred and murder
shroud our fair land

Together we’d stand
but divided we’ll fall
without our God
one and all

______________________________

Quadrille Monday has dawned at dVerse Poets Pub and Bjorn has given us the word “dawn” to incorporate into our 44-word poems. I won’t have time to read any Quadrille’s today, but you should head over and read what others have to write about the dawn and to read one of my favorite Robert Frost poems that Bjorn has quoted. I’ll catch up with you tomorrow.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Divided We’ll Fall

Indeed, too much division. More than ever, it’s time to love our neighbours, and dare I say, even our enemies!

2. Olga says:

A strong voice for harsh times.

3. A very powerful poem Linda that could apply to more countries now than ever before.

4. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

May you stand strong.

5. lillian says:

Prayers for all….

6. Sigh.. its been a sad.. sad.. week for us all 😦

7. maria says:

Ah.. so true..

Together we’d stand
    but divided we’ll fall
    without our God
    one and all

8. rosemawrites says:

such a moving moving piece. eloquently told.

9. Sadly, this is so true, Linda. Well written.

10. Powerful piece and message. Hopefully we understand it before it’s too late.

11. thotpurge says:

Wise words..divided we will fall indeed.

12. frankhubeny says:

If it is not too overcast there is moonlight and stars but sometimes the clouds feel like a blanket. Nice quadrille.

13. I hear your frustration and agree.

Indeed we do ~ Sadly these divisions are ripping families and communities apart ~

15. Sadly division seems to be firm in the world. Love must shine it’s light.

• What I find most frustrating is when people who are in agreement on the essentials get hung up on how their position is framed so that they hear division where it doesn’t actually exist. Semantics divide us.

• Positions are I believe framed for many people which is what holds the division in place…there is so much we actually have in common regardless of our politics, religious beliefs and so on. Thinking for ourselves is critical.

16. The division has never been harsher as long as I lived… it’s a sad week.