The Loveliest Jar

A lovely jar
thrown in clay
by the Maker
See it cracked
chipped, smashed upon the ground
Shattered to dust and shards

Despair lingers until
the Maker comes
sweeps up each shard
Each grain of clay dust
He restores the jar
to greater beauty
——-
My Quadrille for dVerse Poets Pub. Required word is jar.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Loveliest Jar

1. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

Nicely said.

2. Bodhirose says:

I love the idea of repairing something to even a more beautiful state…lovely.

3. Truedessa says:

Anything is possible – molding and mending that clay jar

Indeed He does restore it to greater beauty. An inspiring write Linda.

5. Mish says:

A beautiful metaphor of faith and hope. Very nice, Linda.

6. Beautiful poem of resurrection!

And what is nice about mended pottery, the light shines through it. Lovely poem.

8. There is such special beauty is something that’s repaired, it requires a special maker and a special jar… lovely poetry.

9. whimsygizmo says:

LOVE this, Linda. I have read there is a culture that adds liquid gold to put pottery (jars, etc.) back together…in order to add even greater beauty to broken. As I am a testament to second chances, I truly believe God uses the broken, beautifully.