Fixer-Upper

Lucky for me
God loves run-down
fixer-uppers

My heart and soul
were in a ramshackle state
But He raised His paddle
and bid a price none other
would dream to pay

There’s still work to do
but the garden’s lovely
I’m Jesus’s fixer-upper now

_______________________________________

It’s Quadrille Monday over at dVerse Poets Pub and De Jackson is tending bar and looking for poems with some form of the word fix. Head over and see what the other poets are fixin’ to write.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Fixer-Upper

1. Mish says:

A solid analogy. This is beautiful, Linda.

Lovely work and outcome. I like the title and job description.

3. I think being a fixer-uper is a good thing for everyone… (not just yourself)

4. Helen says:

I dream of finding a fixer-upper I can actually fix! Nice write.

5. whimsygizmo says:

Amen to this. Me, too. Thankful He makes beautiful from broken.

6. hank77 says:

kaykuala

The last stanza says it all. There is always a silver lining to see us through when things are the hardest!

Hank

7. Frank Hubeny says:

Very nice. I like your description that He “bid a price none other
    would dream to pay”.

8. Oh, this is great! I am a fixer-upper, too. 🙂 He “bid a price none other would dream to pay.”

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )