My Love of Summer

Weather is bone dry
Cherish mid-July
Lake shores
Warmth of days gone by
How does summer fly?

__________________________________

Today’s poem combines the prompt at NaPoWriMo.net, which calls for a seasonal poem featuring all senses and a rhetorical question, and the dVerse Poets Pub Lai Nouveau poetry form.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to My Love of Summer

1. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

A lovely write Linda, really looking forward to Summer now! 🌞

2. A joyful poem, well written for both prompts.

3. I lament the passing of spring even more… but you are right, the beautiful parts in life always slips away.

4. msjadeli says:

It goes way too fast, and you transitioned the seasons well.

5. I salute you, Linda. You did it and even got it to sound like a poem by bringing it full circle. Bravo.

6. Frank Hubeny says:

Summers go by so fast and winters never seem to end but always do.

7. rothpoetry says:

Your favorite season is almost here! I enjoyed your poem!

8. memadtwo says:

Good job! This form looks really hard to me but you make it look effortless–like summer should be! (K)

9. Debbie says:

I felt this! Thank,you, Linda!

I look forward to those summer days of barbeque and outdoors fun. A lovely lai nouveau – the first I have read in the poetry trail. Thanks for joining in.

11. Beverly Crawford says:

You handled the format well, and took us on a picnic toO!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )