I Do Not Care

I ponder often what is true
I do
Of what can’t be changed I dare
not care
Never desiring to stumble and fall
at all
Finding myself back to the wall
Life will be easier once I die
but I must confess this to be a lie
I do not care at all

________________

The lesson for a new poetic form is offered up at dVerse Poets Pub by Whimsygizmo today. It’s a fun Spanish form called the Ovillejo. I just had to give it a try. Head on over for the lesson and to read some wonderful poetry, some whimsical and some more serious, in this wonderful form.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to I Do Not Care

1. sMiLes..
    greaTest
    gift God
    gives uS
    iS caRinG..
    sadly.. not all
    folks practice thiS
    gift.. or even have
    iT@
    aLL..:)

2. Sumana Roy says:

what a clever and fun twist at the end…very enjoyable lines…

Nicely done. A great mix of anticipating Heaven, but still having a few worries. Very honest.

4. Debbie says:

Wonderful, Linda! I love how you dive into these form challenges!

5. vbholmes says:

Good rhythm here, and your words show a mastery of the form.

6. Bodhirose says:

Your “confession” at the end feels sweet, maybe a little wistful in your caring. Good work, Linda. 🙂

7. Wow!! Yours just works so well. I think you got the essence of this form!

8. A lie, a mask… really it’s our attitude. Great example.

9. Candy says:

a lie or not, the twist at the end made it fun

10. Truedessa says:

I think you have the form down and it is new to me.
    Life will be easier once I die
    but I must confess this to be a lie

haha – a little lie here and there…this was fun to read..

11. so clever and I’m with you. I do care, too.

I admire the twist in the last line ~ Sometimes too much thinking and worrying about the future can be too much ~ Finding the balance is the key ~

Good work on the form Linda ~ Happy week ~

13. ghostmmnc says:

Very, very good, Linda! It fit the poem structure exactly!

14. Sanaa Rizvi says:

Oh gosh you nailed it!! 🙂

Life may be easier once a person dies, but I am not in a hurry to find out! Smiles.

16. whimsygizmo says:

Linda, this is a strong example of the form! The short staccato lines within lend meaning to your devil-may-care attitude here, also. Well done.