Awaiting Our King

Advent is a time to seek
the coming of our mighty King
once born into a stable meek
while angelic choirs did sing

He will return once again
at a time we can’t predict
while the angels sing amen
to rescue hearts He has picked

He has promised light to come
and overtake the looming dark
free us from under Satan’s thumb
our magnificent, glorious Monarch

On Christmas we will celebrate
the first time He came in flesh
as in anticipation we await
His kingly steed in place of the creche

________________________________________

I thought I’d write a little Advent/Christmas poem today for dVerse Poets Pub Open Link Night, as we celebrate not only this holiday season and the coming of longer days, but also the release of Chiaroscuro – Darkness and Light: Voices from poets – dVerse Anthology, now available on Amazon. (Use promo code Bookgift17 for a little savings today). Two of my poems are included in this anthology, along with the poems of many other dVerse poets

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Awaiting Our King

1. A beautiful poem for the advent season. Merry Christmas, Linda.

2. Great poem for the season, Linda. Merry Christmas!

3. Lovely, well written poem, Linda.

4. rothpoetry says:

A beautiful poem of what Christmas hope is all about!
    Dwight

5. sanaarizvi says:

I like the waiting aspect of Advent.. wishing you Merry Christmas 🙂

6. Bruce says:

I loved your poem Linda, you captured the expectation and wonder. Wishing you and yours a most joyous and blessed Christmas!

7. I do love the waiting aspect of Advent,,, have a lovely Christmas

8. What a beautiful poem for our Savior’s advent and coming again!

This is a lovely Advent poem Linda! Full of love for our Savior. Christmas and new year blessings!

A beautiful advent message – we await eagerly for His arrival ~ Wishing you and your family Merry Christmas and a peaceful holiday Linda ~

Liked by 2 people

11. scotthastiepoet says:

Strong voice as ever Linda – especially your final verse…

Liked by 2 people