A Very Meta Quadrille

In a time crunch
such as happens many days

I’m a little Quadrille
and I’m here to say

There’s always time for me
I’m only forty-four words

You can read me
quick as a hummingbird

You can write me
though I may sound absurd

_____________________________________

I’m swamped at work today, but didn’t want to miss another Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub. Head on over and check out some of the other forty-four word poems that include the word crunch.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to A Very Meta Quadrille

1. Imelda says:

I enjoyed this. πŸ™‚
    Indeed, short poems sometimes do manage to court the muse back. πŸ™‚

2. mhmp77 says:

kaykuala

Grand show of rhyming Linda! Yes, Quadrille said it all!

Hank

3. As somber as I can be, I love the absurd and I love to laugh! And I love the quadrille too. A fun challenge!

4. I can completely relate to it. I have similar feelings for a quadrille πŸ™‚ You nailed it!

Quick and easy does it Linda ~ Thanks for plyaing along πŸ™‚

6. This made me think of, “I’m a little teapot’. Love it!

7. Charley says:

I, teacher that I am, love the meta aspect of this! Bravo!

8. Frank Hubeny says:

Nice sound and good description of what a good quadrille (at least by my taste) should be.

9. Vivian Zems says:

A great take on the prompt. And not absurd at all!😊

10. Shawna says:

Oh my gosh, I love this:

“I’m a little Quadrille
    and I’m here to say”

11. Smiling. Yes that is the beauty of the quadrille. Glad you made it in, though, Linda.

12. That’s the best with a Quadrille … always time for one (or two)

13. jillys2016 says:

Bravo! Take a bow! Okay, now get back to work. (tee hee) πŸ™‚

14. whimsygizmo says:

YES! I love this, Linda. I love the Quadrille, and I love this description so much:
    “You can read me
    quick as a hummingbird”

Those fluttery wings. YES.

Liked by 2 people