Hot Air

Her ego filled the room
like hot air fills a balloon

If only she’d jump in the basket
and float up, up and away

Spare me from her know-it-all
contradictory statements

But alas, she does not
so I smile and nod
planning my escape

_____________________________________

I missed the last Quadrille Monday because I was focused on getting a writing contest entry done. The entry is done and submitted so I decided I had time today for 44 words. The Quadrille Monday prompt at dVerse Poets Pub this week requires the word “balloon” to be included in our 44 word poems. This is what I came up with.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Hot Air

1. Olga says:

An apt poetic description of a personality that we all need to avoid. I’ve had a few characters in my life that I’d wish they’d balloon away in a basket or otherwise.

2. Well said, I like this. All the best in the contest!

3. Imelda says:

Ah, I feel you. Quick, make a graceful exit. 🙂

4. thotpurge says:

Ha ha.that made me smile!

5. You made me smile as I read, but also reminded me of the ‘balloons’ in my life! Popping in to say hello. Hope you’ve had a great week. Smiles xx

6. I think we’ve all had moments like this but you described it so poetically!

7. An yes, those folks who are so full of themselves they are in danger of exploding! You aptly describe them!

I’ll be planning my escape too, ha ~

9. Uh Oh–I think she was hanging around here recently. Love the snarkiness of this.

10. I think we all have seen (or maybe been) obnoxious like that…. sometimes I wish they could be popped, but I guess it will make them louder.

11. frankhubeny says:

Ballooning egos encourage others to escape which is not likely what those egos want.

12. whimsygizmo says:

I love that you are planning YOUR escape, as it seems she might be here to stay. I think we all know someone like this.

13. Run away! Made me smile 🎈