Exhale Fear

Amazed at his creativity

Now he’s grown
Finding his own way
I must inhale Spirit
exhale fear and trust God

___________________

Today is Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub and the word of the day is breathbreathe, or some other form of the word.

This entry was posted in Poetry. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Exhale Fear

1. sree says:

That’s true…with every word!

Love the image of God’s Spirit being oxygen for our souls that pages or the “CO2” of fear.

3. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

How very true.

4. Janice says:

It takes breath and courage to be a parent from the very beginning onwards. Your poem is a beautiful tribute to that.

5. The times as moms we hold our breath…. and then they are grown

6. Truedessa says:

Inhaling the good moments, exhaling the bad…breathing life into the world inhaling spirit to give one strength.

7. I’m not a mother, but by sense is that the work and pain of labor never really ends. Beautiful. Trust in God to care for him.

8. This oNe is so true
    friEnd
    Linda..
    to put
    it simply..
    too..
    when
    we exhale
    fear we inhale God..
    as God breathes free thru uS2..:)

9. Brian says:

Thanks for this glimpse into your life connected by the breath of a million thoughts and fears and ultimately hope.

10. Beautifully written Linda and I especially love the last lines ‘I must inhale Spirit exhale fear and trust God’.

11. Sanaa Rizvi says:

Such a beautiful message in your verse 🙂

12. whimsygizmo says:

Oh, YES. My kids are teens. I feel this, deeply.

13. I like the way you connecting breathing with the life cycle of children.

14. ihatepoetry says:

Very good poem, liked very much.

15. …and we continue to learn, Linda! Beautiful message!

16. frankhubeny says:

I liked the idea of exhaling fear and trusting God. With the exhale the lungs fill with trust.

17. Oh the times when my 3 children have caused , and continue to cause, my breath to stop. ‘Shudders…then breathes’

18. Mish says:

I really like the way the “breath” came along with you in every stage of parenthood. It is so hard to let go, but trusting in a higher power does give us reassurance.

I can relate to your mother’s fear, anxiety and hope ~ May our children be blessed in their journey ~

Exhale fear and inhale God. Yes! I keep reminding myself of that as I am faced with new challenges daily. I have my mother living with us now, She has Alzheimers and now she is amazed that she has a daughter and that she is me. Inhale God, exhale fear.

21. kim881 says:

That’s one time when we women are truly focused on breathing, Linda, and I love those final lines.

22. Every breath counts for a child making it to the world… wonderful