Empty

you are empty
of needful treasures
of love and grace
because you cherish
nothing that lasts

____________________________

For the Poetics prompt at dVerse Poets Pub today Mish is calling for poems about hands. I decided to write one without actually using the word “hands.”

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Empty

1. Hope Kind and Love
    Anger Fear and Hate
    two places
    ONE
    LOVE..:)

2. lupitatucker says:

This hits home for me as I have, what I consider, a problem with coveting things that do not last. You are right in that they leave you empty in the end.

• I can relate. There was a time in my life when material things were much more important to me than they are now, though I do still like nice things, but find that God, people, and relationships are more fulfilling. Peace, Linda

Probably the hardest thing in life is recognizing that we are better off when we surrender all and live for Christ.

4. So well put. How many people embrace emptiness and what do they feel at the end of the day?

5. Bekkie says:

Sounds like many of our young people today Linda.

6. whimsygizmo says:

YES. God can’t fill what is already full. I love this.

7. Those greedy hands that fail to understand that what’s most precious always need an open hand.

8. Bodhirose says:

I like how you managed to address the prompt without using the word…clever indeed. And so true, some never realize what was really important until it’s too late.

9. Some may never see the emptiness, until the end. I appreciate your unique way of using the prompt, Linda.

10. Sanaa Rizvi says:

Such a unique take on the prompt. Love the tender wistfulness that follows.
    Beautifully executed.

Lots of love,
    Sanaa

Yes indeed, so many do hold on tightly to material things while missing things that really matter in life!

12. Choose to value the life given and lives that surround you, the greatest treasure. Great sentiment, Linda!

How we learn (and some never do) which things are dear, and which are valueless things after time ~ I like the unique take on “empty hands” ~ Thanks for joining us Linda ~