Where Peace Is Found

The prompt today at dVerse Poets Pub is to write about something that is part of our every day life. I could have written about any number of things, but decided to write about prayer.

Where Peace Is Found

Kneeling here
elbows leaning on my soft footstool
head in my hands
I find peace

Reading Psalms
thoughts leaning on God’s promises
Bible in my hands
I find peace

Praising God
soul leaning on my sweet Jesus
heart in His hands
I find peace

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Where Peace Is Found

1. kaykuala h says:

One can never go wrong when it comes to prayers and praying. The inner feelings of emptiness would readily be filled with joys of salvation!

Hank

2. Wonderful everyday routine to share. Fantastic poem!

Yes indeed! Spending time with God should certainly be an “every-day” experience…even moment by moment…not just a few hours on Sundays or in an emergency…and then we truly will have peace!!

4. An affirming poem, and practice….like a mantra the words “I find Peace”. But praising Him…is the key to knowing Him. Grace and Peace to you, Linda!

5. billgncs says:

there is comfort in God listening…

6. Sumana Roy says:

a beautiful day always begins with prayer, stilling the noisy mind and enriching life…lovely…

7. Ah.. to find peace in Unconditional Love of GOD
    tough or not.. is a place i’ll stay weathered
    through storms and sun delight..:)

8. claudia says:

it’s good to find peace in his presence… usually i go outside to hear god’s word – the daily audio bible on my headphones and nature… perfect combo..

9. DELL CLOVER says:

This is beautifully inspiring.

10. el34ax7 says:

Very prayerful and meditative verses. The repetition also lends a sense of duty and adherence, which I think is very appropriate for this poem. Very well done,

AB

11. I really enjoyed your use of repetition in your poem threading each stanza together with continuously finding peace.

12. wolfsrosebud says:

… and how sweet that peace can be

13. Gabriella says:

Starting the day with prayer certainly should impact the way that day is lived.

That is definitely a good practice to have as part of your everyday life! Peace to you, Linda.

15. x says:

Prayer and worship should definitely be a big part of our lives. And hopefully it spills over abd across the whole of our day

• X says:

I think I have just about determined, if someone mentions god, or worship, or how spiritual they are — you might as well skip them, because they never return visits. Enjoy your god — i want nothing to do with them if this is a reflection of them.

• I’m sorry you have come to this conclusion. I actually read a lot of poems posted at dVerse, though sometimes it takes me a few days to get through them all. I try to go directly from Mr. Linky rather than just read those who comment on my blog. I do find it interesting, though, that your second comment suggests that your first comment was less than genuine. Peace, Linda

A wonderful and peaceful everyday – what a way to begin it.

17. There is something special when it is your habit to pray every day…