Red – An Elfje

Red
divine blood
shed with love
offering my soul salvation.
Hallelujah!

This short poem is an elfje. I followed the link of a blogger who liked one of my posts, and then followed a link on her site to another blogger who had posted a lesson on how to write this little gem of a poetry form. I decided to give it a try.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Red – An Elfje

1. claudia says:

ha..i sing halleluja alongside you..smiles

2. Kelvin S.M. says:

…the greatest offering indeed that saved the entire world… nicely…smiles…

3. this is really nice. You know, I thought I knew of most of the short forms, but have to admit to not knowing this one. Very neat, will most certainly add the form to my collection for future poeticizing. Thanks

4. Ursa Bowers says:

Thanks for sharing the information about the form– I’ve never heard of an Elfje before, but will definitely try my hand at writing one now. Lovely, passionate poem 🙂

5. Poet Laundry says:

Wonderful…love this!

I like the form, Linda, and the poem!

7. cloudfactor5 says:

I had not heard of this form before either, Thank You for sharing,
    Well done!!

8. brian miller says:

have not heard of the form…very condensed…and def hallejuah for grace….smiles…

9. Debbie says:

Just perfect, Linda! Thank you for sharing it and doing this journey of a poem a day for Lent. God bless you .. . and I’m off to find out about this form! It’s short . ..I like short!

• Deb, You would be great at writing elfjes! They are so much fun. 🙂 And I think the occasional short poem is what is going to make 40 poems for Lent possible, plus God’s help, of course. Peace, Linda

10. Jamie Dedes says:

Superb job. Elfje makes a tidy prayer.

11. julespaige says:

I think you have created an Elfje psalm.
    May we all, whatever our beliefs – rejoice in love and peace.