Wandering in Fear

Forty years in the wilderness
Should have been forty days
But for fear

Fear is a liar
It traps us in the wilds
Wandering without hope
Not realizing fear itself
Is the only thing we need fear

Listen to courage
Enter your promised land

________________________________

It’s Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub, my all-time favorite poetry prompt. This week Kim is looking for 44-word poems including the word wild or some form thereof. Head on over and try it out. Or just read some great Quadrilles by going to the Mr. Linky box.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Wandering in Fear

1. Vandana Sharma says:

So true, fear is what stops us, lets break its walls.

2. merrildsmith says:

Fear can often paralyze us. Well said.

3. such powerful and encouraging lines. thank you for this!

4. sanaarizvi says:

Fear is a liar … that is undoubtedly true! Profound write 💝

5. Great advice. Nicely written.

6. Yes! Fear, he is a liar. Cast your fear in the fire! Beautiful poem!

7. Raivenne says:

“Fear is a liar
    It traps us in the wilds”

Do very, very true.

8. Sherry Marr says:

“Listen to courage.” I love that, because we need courage right now. (And some justice would be nice!) Your poem reminds me of a Ted talk I watched today by Valerie Kaur about revolutionary love in a time of rage.

9. Frank Hubeny says:

Good advice. It should have only taken forty days.

10. lillian says:

Love the affirmation in the last two lines!

11. kim881 says:

Wise words, Linda, and a powerful quadrille. The repetition of the word ‘fear’ emphasises the message. I like the way you separated the final lines to make them stand out.

12. I think we need to live with fear… but we should feel safe enough not to fear the fear.

Liked by 2 people

13. msjadeli says:

“Fear is the mind killer” said Paul Atriedes. I like your poem of experience and wisdom, Linda.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )