Embrace the Unsafe Life

Deep water holds the thrill of grand adventure
and the potential for grievous suffering

One mustn’t place the two upon the scale of life
and act according to the balance thereof

Instead flee the safety of the harbor
and embark on your noble destiny

_______________________________

It’s Quadrille Monday over at dVerse Poets Pub. Lillian is running the pub and will likely serve you up a drink with perhaps a shrimp cocktail on the side or perhaps some fish & chips, especially if you pay your bill with a Quadrille containing the word harbor.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Embrace the Unsafe Life

1. Oh yes.. may the sea prove to be rewarding… and there are many more harbors.

2. sanaarizvi says:

This is an incredibly wise and exquisite poem 😊 one to cherish, remember and grow into ❤

3. You’ve written the perfect riposte to my poem. Yes, we have to leave the harbour – but sometimes it’s good to rest a little. I love this, it has a 19th century feel to it.

4. lillian says:

Love how you’ve turned the famous quotation with your own poetic interpretation! And also turned the idea of “safe harbor” on its head. Don’t wallow in the safe harbor….get out there and live!!! And your blog photo shows that. 🙂 Did you know that about 10 years ago I hang-glided off a mountain top over Rio? One of the most exhilerating and spiritual things I’ve ever done! Just run right off and sail!!!

5. This adventurous spirit is vivacious — to get a feel of it, you have to leave the safety of the harbour after all. I like how you allude to the comfort we rely on that may hinder us from realizing our true grit and potential.
    -HA

6. Singledust says:

how true we should go after our destiny and not just leave it up to the balance of fate

7. Sometimes we must move out of the safe zone!

I love the attitude towards life: the thrill of grand adventure!

9. rivrvlogr says: