Déjà Vu Blues

Déjà vu
I’ve answered this email question before
while reading this Quadrille
I’m sure of it
The memory uncanny
The feeling eerie

I think I need
a tad bit of something
to spice things up

Something brand new
to squelch these déjà vu blues

____________________

Mish is running the bar at dVerse Poets Pub today and is calling for spicy Quadrilles. As I read another poet’s Quadrille, while multi-tasking and answering a work email, I had the strangest sensation of déjà vu. So while it would have been easy to write a food-related Quadrille about chili or Texas Skillet Dinner or steak on the Traeger, I decided to go a different direction.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Déjà Vu Blues

1. Love the title and I know that feeling so well. Sometimes it feels like I’m writing the same thing, or using the same words, over and over. BTW, I really like the picture of you at the top of this page–lovely.

2. Mish says:

Fantastic and I’m sure it would be the first blues song ever to have the word “quadrille” in it. 🙂

3. lillian says:

Now THIS should be the name of a blues song, played with guitar and harmonica to mouth…I’ve got the deja vu blues…..LOVING IT!

4. ladynyo says:

Deja vu….the monotony of life will do it. Yes, finding that spice will shake it up!

5. When nothing is new and all you have is deja vu…Nice poem.

6. Ha! I am with you, I was sure we did this. I checked back and dVerse did “Pepper” not long ago and another of my prompts did spice. I don’t know how much wider my repertoire of spice-inspired poems will stretch. Fun read!

7. Hmm, for me deja vu has always been so brief and elusive that I savor those rare moments.

8. thotpurge says:

deja vu blues… the monotony can do that!

9. Frank Hubeny says:

I like the idea of spicing things up to get rid of the repetitiveness of deja vu.

10. Glenn Buttkus says:

I visualize Taj Mahal singing this blues song; what a fun way for you to rock the prompt.

11. Well done, this even reads like a blues tune. 🙂

12. Sometimes we just need that spice.

13. Deja Vu Blues…someone’s gotta write that toon…funny I was listening to Blind Melon’s Change as I read this.

14. jillys2016 says: