Rejoice!

Revel in the joy of Christ who
Empowers us bid sin adieu
Jesus born so He might die
Once for all our souls to buy
Incarnation a great mystery
Calling all throughout history
Ever more to rejoice, rejoice

_____________________________

I wrote this for dVerse Poets Pub Open Link Night, and also to promote my new poetry book, Rejoice! Rejoice! Poems for the Holidays, available now on Amazon.com in print and on Kindle. This poem isn’t in the book, because, well, I just wrote it. But maybe I’ll add it to the next edition.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Rejoice!

within us
    too..
    smiles
    come back
    again.. for those
    who find God within..:)

2. All the success with your newly published book!

3. Debbie says:

I loved this so much! Thank you for sharing and happy happy joy joy as your newest book is out!

4. lynn__ says:

Christmas is our best reason to REJOICE! Congrats on your new book too 🙂

5. Glenn Buttkus says:

We all rejoice when any of us achieve publication; congrats. Your faith is certainly the flagship of your poetic journey.

6. Congrats on publication.. I imagine this being sung by a choir 🙂

The final line, as it does not rhyme with the others, really emphasizes your theme of Rejoice.

8. Bodhirose says:

Congratulations on your publication, Linda.

A lovely acrostic & congrats on the publication ~