Standing

Emotions
Massive crashing waves
Fear, anger, jealousy, doubt
I’ll weather this epic storm standing
On the Truth

At dVerse Poets Pub Meeting the Bar, Tony Maude has created a new form, the expanded Cinquain. This form has five lines of 3, 5, 7, 9, and 3 syllables, in that order. I had a short poem already written that I hadn’t quite finished. I decided to revise it to fit this form.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Standing

1. hypercryptical says:

Nicely done.
    Anna :o]

2. Sabio Lantz says:

We build platforms to protect us, then when we feel safe, the platforms can be disassembled and replaced by better structures.

3. Gabriella says:

Strong and negative emotions are hard to calm. Knowing where truth is can surely help.

Standing on the truth is always wise!

nicely done…emotions can be wishy-washy, but the truth is bedrock.

6. I think truth, a pillar to lean to is a foundation to resist those waves.

7. billgncs says:

I like the metaphor of emotions as waves… this was very strong

8. truth often feels like a lonely stand… but trust, there are other who appreciate it…

9. brian miller says:

when we stand on the truth
    we are not alone…and are given the strength
    for sure.

10. Tony Maude says:

Emotions are powerful things and can cause us to do some really strange things; standing on the truth is a great antidote to their excesses.

Really tight, clear writing Linda.

11. Truth often does give us the strength to withstand the barrage… nice.