Valley of Tears

As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. Psalm 84:6 (NIV).

My Savior will dry all my tears
The Lord God knows all my fears
As I trudge onward many years
I pass through the Valley of Baka

Great pain and agony oppress
I feel heavy weights of duress
Praying for dear Jesus to bless
I pass through the Valley of Baka

I see that this valley is long
I need You to make my faith strong
That Lord I might sing a praise song
As I pass through the Valley of Baka

_______________________________________________________

5/18/17: I decided to share this for Open Link Night at dVerse Poets Pub today. Head over and see what other poetry is being offered up.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Valley of Tears

1. Waltermarks says:

The valley of Baca is a great place. Those who pass thru it will make it a well (with their tears). May you go from strength to strength in Him. Great Psalm!

2. frankhubeny says:

Nice meter, rhyme and message. I enjoyed the repeating fourth line tying everything together.

3. Repetition always adds power to prayer and powerful prayer will see you through the tears.

4. lynn__ says:

I’ve heard that God collects our tears…we are precious to Him. May you find refreshing springs even in this long vale.

5. Truedessa says:

Your poem is a wonderful expression of your faith and that will give you strength.

An inspiring poem to read tonight Linda ~ Thanks for sharing ~

7. Thotpurge says:

The repetition works well here…

8. This flows so beautifully and it’s like reading a psalm of your own.

9. It’s funny; when I googled “valley of baka,” the two top results were 1) a pilgrimage, and 2) a Japanese swear word. How the context of language can change a poem!

• I was not aware of the Japanese swear word. 😉 I went to a women’s retreat where the speaker talked about Psalm 84 and how in that Psalm “baka” meant “tears.” But I will admit I’ve said a few swear words in my life in the midst of tears.

10. Jericho says:

The repetition of the last line of each stanza makes this an excellent hymn.

11. Beautiful rhyme and cadence to your lovely prayer. Faith is needed in the valley of Baka.

12. So glad that you are helped in hard times… great prayer.

13. This is so very timely for my situation right now. Thank you for sharing it!

14. This is wonderful! A great prayer, stronger for its rhythm and repetition, and true to the verse. Thanks so much for sharing!