Mere Christianity – A Stack Poem

Stack Poem

Mere Christianity
Who Really Has the Answer?
I’m Glad You Asked

Six Hours One Friday
The Day Christ Died
God Came Near

From Resurrection to Pentecost
It’s Not About Me
At Jesus’ Feet
Won by Love

Grace
What’s So Amazing About Grace?
Peace Like a River
A Love Worth Giving
The Light and the Glory

Walking with God Day by Day
Streams in the Desert
A Life God Rewards
In the Footsteps of Jesus

* * * * *

This is a “stack poem,” a type of found poem that Samuel Peralta wrote about on dVerse Poets Pub today.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Mere Christianity – A Stack Poem

1. Samuel Peralta / Semaphore says:

Such a wonderful, spiritual theme – and it’s amazing to see how this poetic framework reinforces the personality of the author, because it is based on titles in the author’s own library.

2. ManicDdaily says:

Also so well done. k.

3. Beth Winter says:

Powerful and smoothly stacked. Lovely.

4. Poet Laundry says:

A strong and stirring message in this poem Lisa. Nice work! I too have read and know of many of these books. I’ve recently started to read Embracing Grace by Daniel Brown, heard of it? So far so good.

5. margitsage says:

Very interesting. I’m impressed by the length. The titles flow smoothly. Nice work!

6. Tony Maude says:

Some of those books are on my shelves too; this poem – and the library it came from – says much about what matters most to you, Linda.

7. Very much like a prayer or a gospel. well done.

8. Beautifully put together.

9. claudia says:

won by love… that one hit me most.. the only way to really win someone me thinks..

Nice…your poem (and your books) DO express you beautifully

11. shanyns says:

We have some of the same books – what an amazing and powerfully faithfilled poem. Love it!

12. brian miller says:

at jesus’ feet
    won by love…

very cool string in this linda…
    i have read quite a few of these…