Servant King

Jesus became a servant King
When He washed His disciples feet
This act of love was oh so sweet

Forgiveness His mighty wellspring
As He did sup and share the cup
And with the disciples He’d sing

Earned the right to the judgment seat
When He became a servant King

____________________________________

At dVerse Poets Pub today Victoria is reviving the Octain Refrain for Meeting the Bar. It is a perfect form for my Maundy Thursday poem.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Servant King

1. SMiLes..
    my FriEnd..
    ServAnts
    oF Fearless
    Love..
    onLY
    Serve..
    LesSon Of
    Jesus sTiLL..
    when REAL.:)

2. whimsygizmo says:

Perfect, perfect for my Good Friday. Thank you.

3. Seasonally inspiring! Thank you.

4. A fitting message for this weekend.
    Happy Easter, Linda. 🙂

5. I take comfort in this Linda. Thank you. Happy Easter!

6. lynn__ says:

Amazing love…he washed the feet of Judas too! A blessed Good Friday & Easter to you, Linda.

7. Kathy Reed says:

Nicely written and a timely message for all of us during this new season.

8. ShirleyB says:

Timely thoughts encapsulated within these words.

9. Waltermarks says:

Thanks Linda. He is still the servant king, a humble, loving one.

10. Good poem for Holy Week and upcoming Easter holiday.

11. Glenn Buttkus says:

Yes, dear lady, our minds both touched on forgiveness today; nice to write in parallel tracks; smile. This piece is perfect in form & message.

This is a powerful line: Forgiveness His mighty wellspring

Good message Linda ~

13. What a perfect holy week poem. I love this…easy, rhythmic, unforced and beautifully realized verse. Well done!

14. Sanaa Rizvi says:

Such a powerful and timely poem..!

Lots of love,
    Sanaa

15. Bodhirose says:

We need more world leaders who are servant kings…those who rule with love and humility for their most needy of people. Beautiful, Linda, and happy Easter to you.

Such a different (and effective) form of leadership that he chose.

17. So timely for today and great attention to the demands of the form.

Lovely message for Maundy Thursday, Linda! It definitely is a day to remember….