Joy

I’ve been working on finalizing the manuscript for my holiday poetry book, which I’ll be publishing on CreateSpace and Kindle in the next week or so. I decided the “Advent to Christmas” section was a little thin; plus when I try a new form I can never write just one so I had to write another trimeric. I wasn’t going to post it, but decided to after all for Open Link Night at dVerse Poets Pub today.

Joy

Jesus is the greatest gift to all mankind
More magnificent than jewels or gold
More valuable than the newest smartphone
More satisfying than any gift under the tree

More magnificent than jewels or gold
Offered by husbands to wives as a gift
Joy’s in the giving when Christ is praised

More valuable than the newest smartphone
Offered by parents to kids as a prize
Joy is in Christ for the child love raised

More satisfying than any gift under the tree
Is the gift Jesus promises to you and me
Joy in salvation, all our sins razed

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Joy

Jesus
    on this
    one as
    completely
    already true..
    and still now coming
    true to save the world..:)

2. Abhra says:

“More satisfying than any gift under the tree” – that is so true….love this.

3. This is a devotional! Thank you!

4. Sanaa Rizvi says:

Such a heart warming poem 🙂

5. Wonderful use of the prompt.. for sure compassion and joy is a greater gift than anything else.

You always hit the target square my friend. Joy – unspeakable joy! Glad you are doing this and adding to the true meaning of Christmas.

7. MarinaSofia says:

Well, I never thought I’d see ‘smartphone’ in a trimeric – but why not, after all, it seems to have become the most important part of some people’s lives?! So is your holiday poetry book going to be just for Christmas, or cover all holidays? Tell us more.

8. Bodhirose says:

A lovely trimeric, Linda. I’m sure it will be a nice addition to your poetry book.

9. A wonderful reminder of the value of salvation!

Love the title and reminder of the real meaning of Christmas ~