I don’t have a new recipe to share today. Instead I want to share what a blessing my dear son is and what a great cook he is.
He is taking Food and Nutrition in school this semester, and the semester is almost over. Until this week all the cooking for this class was done in class. I would hear every day that he had this class, “Guess what we made in Food and Nutrition today?” when I got home from work. But he never brought any of what they made home for us. (It wasn’t really his fault. It was his first class of four on the days he has it and it would be hard to keep the food fresh and be able to bring it home.)
But thankfully for us the final project for this class was to make us a complete dinner, including dessert. We talked about what he wanted to make, tossing around a few ideas. He finally asked, “What do you want me to make?” I picked some of my favorite recipes that I’ve posted here on my blog in the past, some of our family favorites.
So here was our menu, all made by my son:
- Meatloaf (it wasn’t shaped quite like mine, but tasted moist and yummy)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes (a little light on the garlic, but still good)
- Corn (okay, not a recipe, just a can of corn heated up)
- Chop Salad (with cucumbers, snap peas, and red pepper)
- Lemon Coconut Cake(awesome, as always; baking is really his specialty)
Part of the assignment was also to set the table, serve the dinner, and clean up afterwards. I would definitely give him an A+! We look pretty happy to be eating this delicious spread, don’t we?