In the past two weeks I have received two blogging awards from fellow bloggers. I hope the givers of these two awards won’t mind if I combine my acceptance of the awards into a single post. Between the busy-ness of life and not feeling well since New Years, I just haven’t had time to respond individually. I figure a joint acceptance is better than none. I also want to nominate all of the bloggers listed below for both of these wonderful awards. J They all deserve it and I hope you will visit their blogs.
The first award I received was the Candle Lighter Award that was given to me by Caddo Veil at http://caddoveil.wordpress.com/awards-earthly/.
The Candle Lighter Award belongs to those who Believe, who Always Survive the day and those who Never Stop Dreaming; for those who Cannot Quit; for those who Keep Trying–and if you’re in this category, you are Entitled to this Award.
Caddo is a relatively new blogging friend of mine, and I thank her for blessing me with this special award. I also thank God for giving me that will to believe and that faith to continue on in spite of the obstacles, trials, and struggles that this world has thrown at me in life in general and in regards to blogging.
The second award I receives was the Kreative Blogger Award that was given to me by April over at Thoughts from the Porch. This one made me smile because I’ve never really thought of myself as creative. I think of my sister and my son as creative because they are both visually artistic. But as I thought about it I realized God has given me the gift of creativity with words, and that is just as special. I want to thank April for reminding me that I am creative.
For this award, I am required to share 10 things about myself. Some of these things may already be known by those who read my blog or know me in person, but here goes:
- I was born in California.
- I have a sweet little dog named Roman, named after the book of Romans.
- I’ve been married for 25 years.
- I was baptized during my first year in law school, when I was 23.
- I am spatially challenged, and if you move the furniture I can’t picture how it was before you moved it.
- At 5′ 8″ I am the short one in my family.
- My favorite color is red and I love to wear red clothes, especially my red leather (lambskin) jacket that my mother-in-law gave me.
- If I had my choice of cars, it would be a red Thunderbird, the model with the little round window in the back.
- I love to cook, but I hate to clean up afterwards.
- I would be lost if not for Jesus as my Savior and the Rock to which I cling every day.
Okay, now for the fun part. Here are __ of my favorite bloggers that I want to share these two awards with. I didn’t get to read all of their blogs as much as I would have liked in 2011, but am determined to visit them more in 2012.
There are a lot of other blogs I like, but since I’m going to have to go notify everyone I give these awards to that I’ve given them, I better stop here. I’ll save the rest for the next time someone gives me a blogging award.