Silly Squirrel

Hey mister,
you got any more of those
unsalted sunflower seeds?
My doctor says
I need to watch my
sodium intake.

Silly squirrel, those seeds
are for the birds
the nuthatches
finches
stellar jays
wrens
townsend’s warblers.

What? There’s enough
so they can share.

______________________________

It’s Quadrille Monday over at dVerse Poets Pub. Head over and see what other silly poetry the pub patrons have to offer.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Silly Squirrel

1. Haha. I love this. We have peanut shells all over the garden from a certain squirrel who like to use our drain as a bin. I think he only does it to wind up my husband.

2. The squirrels always find ways of getting to the birdseed…

3. That is a great photo and you can almost hear the squirrel talking.

4. lillian says:

Okay….you made me smile. I’m thinking of our days in Iowa many many years ago when we had to try and outsmart the squirrels with our bird feeder. I think we finally went to our vet and bought one of those plastic cones you put on your dog so they don’t scratch their face….greased it up and somehow connected it to the pole….the squirrels slid right down but when the grease wore off, we had to go out a vaseline it again! 🙂
    Thanks for the silly memories! 🙂

• That’s hilarious. My husband hung a flat square feeder from a line this year and put seed in it for the birds. He created an obstacle course of wires on both sides of the feeder to keep the squirrels out, but they just navigated the obstacle course like pros. It’s nice that now there are the squirrel proof feeders that close from the weight of a squirrel so they can’t get all the seed.

5. Myrna says:

Adorable. I live in the desert, so no squirrels here. Appreciate the photo.

6. I have those same seed stealing squirrels at my house 😂

7. msjadeli says:

What a squirrely notion!

8. Frank Hubeny says:

I like how the squirrel is watching his diet.

9. lynn__ says:

Squirrels always insist that birds share the seeds! Cute photo too 🙂