A Quadrille of Qs

from the quarterdeck I spied
the quick quillback
I heard a quack
Saw a quark and a quist
quickly glide away

My phone camera rolled
but quonk querked the video
and it quit

The great Quarterback above
chuckled at my quest

_____________________________________

I decided to have a little fun today with De Jackson’s call for Quadrilles including the work quick dVerse Poets Pub at today. There’s never been a “Q” word used for Quadrille Monday before, she says. So I took it up a notch and using http://www.wordhippo.com found as many words that began with Q and ended with K or T as I could.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to A Quadrille of Qs

1. Lona Gynt says:

This quadrille is a real Q-T !!! 😉

2. Mish says:

A very entertaining response to the prompt…love all the “q” words and you made them word quite nicely!

3. You went ‘Q” Quazy with this one. Fun!

Liked by 2 people

4. jillys2016 says:

Quirky and quite delightful! Quintessentially written 😉

5. One of the best things about the great Quarterback is how he can change the play call to make it all turn out the way it should. Love this. Did you write it while watching football?

6. Love the quirky response… the great quarterback is happy

7. sanaarizvi says:

“Loved this bit “quonk querked the video”.. Beautifully done! ❤

8. You quickly cultivated my questing curiosity with your skillful quill! The great quarterback in the sky must be proud of the poets queueing to quote you!

9. Frank Hubeny says:

I especially liked the sound in these two lines: “but quonk querked the video
    and it quit”

10. The Q’s are delightful. I too loved “quonk querked the video”.
    -HA

11. Singledust says:

a most brilliant quadrille, using the momentum of a subject matter, I enjoyed the little drama unfolding

So many Q words….. this is my favorite part: but quonk querked the video
    and it quit…..

13. whimsygizmo says:

Nice! Love this, Linda. What fun!

14. Beverly Crawford says:

I hate when “quonk qwerks” the video! Nice wealth of Q’s, clever and fun.

15. Debbie says:

You certainly Did kick it up a notch with your Q Quadrille! Today we saw call you the Queen of Quadrille! :).

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )