To Cross the Finish Line

Finish it! Polish the 58,000 words I’ve written into a complete, coherent, and compelling story. Not be distracted by blog posts or new poetry books that threaten procrastination of the goal. Not be paralyzed by doubt. Capitalize on the feedback I receive from critique partners, but take it with a grain of salt. Squeeze in time to provide them with feedback, too, with an eye to what I can learn from that process. That’s my writing plan for the foreseeable future. To finish my story.

It’s partly my story, but it could just as well be your story, or your sister’s story, or your grandmother’s story, or your daughter’s story. Ultimately, it’s a story of God’s redemptive grace. In 2018, my hope is that my storyβ€”My Name Is Belovedβ€”will touch the lives of broken women with His grace.

Winter darkness reigns
But not forever, Spring waits
With hope, healing light

________________________________

Today at dVerse Poets Pub, Toni tends bar for the last time. She’ll still be a patron, but won’t be serving up the prompts. She’s picked a great Haibun prompt as her last hurrah! She wants us to write about our writing plans.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to To Cross the Finish Line

1. Lovely haiku πŸ™‚ Finish your book and nurture it until it takes off.

2. Singledust says:

I salute your undertaking to write about broken women, we never appreciate our real worth.

3. Finishing a work in progress brings its own satisfaction. Go ahead with your plans with zeal. Good Luck. Your haiku is great πŸ™‚

4. Glenn Buttkus says:

Terrific upbeat plan, bathed in spiritual light, fueled by faith. You have a built-in fan base within the dVerse fellowship; hugs.

5. Shawna says:

The last line of your haibun gave me chills. May it be so.

6. rothpoetry says:

I really like the hope and light in your poem.
    Dwight

7. What God has started, He will finish! Great plan!

8. Great Determination! Follow your gut, Linda, and finish what you began!

9. Vivian Zems says:

You go girl! Your audience awaits!😊

10. Frank Hubeny says:

Best wishes on finishing your story well.

11. kim881 says:

Thank you for telling your story, Linda, good advice to yourself and others, which we can take away with us, especially: ‘Not be paralyzed by doubt’ and the lovely ray of hope in the haiku. Thank you. πŸ™‚

12. May God bless your wonderful writing endeavors!

13. The hard work in finishing your book is admirable… bring it on.

14. Capitalize on the feedback I receive from critique partners, but take it with a grain of salt. Squeeze in time to provide them with feedback, too, with an eye to what I can learn from that process.

Absolutely! I love that grain of salt – so important. Your plan looks pretty good to me. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Thank you Linda for this post and this haiku full of hope! I have so enjoyed reading you and hope you will continue. God bless you.