Resolve

Pilate put pressure on
but He didn’t blow His stack

He knew what lay ahead
but never shied away
The hardest cross before Him
but nothing made Him sway

He knew He’d rise another day

———————
For Quadrille Monday at dVerse Poets Pub, where the word of the day is egg.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Resolve

Perfect for the Holy week and Easter Sunday!

2. His resolve almost makes it seem ridiculous when we use that word as applied to our own earthly endeavors. Thank you for this poem, Linda.

3. Mish says:

I like the way you incorporated the egg into the real Easter story. Nice!

4. I liked your rhyme and pun!

5. Jo-Anne Teal says:

I appreciate you bringing the true Easter story into the prompt, Linda.

6. Frank Hubeny says:

I like the use of crack and egging on.

7. lillian says:

A statement of faith within the clever response to the prompt! Well done.

• I had resolved this Holy Week to make every poem about the events of the week. When I first saw the prompt, I didn’t think I’d be able to, but am thankful I was wrong. 🙂

8. Love this Resurrection poem!

9. kim881 says:

Thank you for a true Easter poem which includes an egg and a pun, Linda!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )