I’m Not Ready — Dual Dodoitsu

My first dodoitsu, a Japanese poetry form new to me that I learned earlier this week from Kanzen Sakura. I’m sharing it today for dVerse Poets Pub Open Link Night #154.

I’m Not Ready

I am not ready
for autumn at all, pumpkin
spice everywhere, and rainfall
I guess at least there is soup

And here’s my second, because as I wrote the first sort of humorous one, a more serious poem came to mind as I thought of the memorial service I’ll be attending this afternoon for the wife of my old boss. I’m sure he was not ready for her to go.

I’m Not Ready

I am not ready
for her to be gone from me
but I know she was at peace
ready to fly away home

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I’m Not Ready — Dual Dodoitsu

1. lynn__ says:

A dynamic dual, Linda!

2. Ah.. yes.. every season
    has its own flavor now of
    soup or spice.. liked or not..
    and death.. well.. now..
    death’s.. just noT
    like Life..
    particularly
    in Life.. the best
    of all scenarios
    Living Life ALIVE..:)

3. Ah soup! Warm comfort of a winter lunch.

Your second dodoitu hits the nail on the head: it is those who are left who are not ready for loss.

I am so pleased you did, not just one but two!!! the first is making me smile and the second, we are never ready it seems, even when they are at peace with the leaving. You did a super job on these going from one emotion to another.

I am not ready for autumn too but I do like pumpkin spice ~ The second one touches the heart as who is ready to let a loved go ~ I like how you are experimenting with other forms Linda ~

Have a good week ~

I like both of your efforts. The first one is enjoyably light-hearted. And you know I really like pumpkin yogurt this time of year. Smiles. And the second one…one is never ready, but if SHE was at peace, that is good!

7. Sanaa Rizvi says:

We as humans are never truly ready for what is yet to come.. we learn to adapt the best way we can. Beautifully penned.

8. To be ready for someone to leave is a little bit like resignation.. so yes we can just hope..
    I like the first one though.. I love soup.. and winter means that we will have peasoup and pancakes every Thursday… 🙂

9. x says:

I doubt we ate ever ready for someone we love to leave . Hope the service goes well. I am not a fan of pumpkin spice but I do love fall and the smell of wood smoke