All I Need: A Poem

One of my fellow bloggers Deb Feller posts a new poem every day for our Lord and to encourage His people. I love poetry, and have written a few poems myself, though most are not very good and I could never write one every day. As I was looking through my prayer journal yesterday, I came across one of the few good poems I have ever written and thought it was time it saw the light of day.

All I Need

You, my Lord, are all I need
For You provide the perfect seed
Of faith and hope, of love and kindness
Enough to wash away this blindness

Even on a day that’s dark
Your comfort will not miss the mark
In the deepest pit you stay with me
With Your light alone I see

Even though I’ve often strayed
Throughout my life You always stayed
Close by my side, now dwell inside
You, my Lord, are all I need

I wrote that poem on Feb. 9, 2002, but it is still true today. He is all I really need. The rest is just blessings from Him.

1/15/13: Having not written a fresh poem for today, I decided to share this, the first poem I ever posted on my blog, at dVerse Poets Pub today for Open Link Night.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to All I Need: A Poem

1. A poem very intense. I admire people who have a faith and use it to unn mental well-being. Compliments.

2. Kelvin S.M. says:

…a most passionate write with a refreshing tone…thanks for the poem…smiles…

3. Your words are true and comforting. They remind me of The Psalms.

4. What a beautiful expression of love and faith. Thank you for sharing.

5. I love it, Linda. And it is so very true!

6. brian miller says:

smiles…there is a beautiful love in this…makes me think of a psalm as well….thank goodness for the grace in that last stanza as well…i like the honesty in this…

7. Alex Dissing says:

“Enough to wash away this blindness” Really like that. Glad you shared this with us.

8. Tony says:

So much truth here – so glad you shared it.

9. Blue Flute says:

In a valley dark as death,
    We gasp for the light
    That is our breath.

10. Laurie Kolp says:

An everlasting truth… thanks for sharing, Linda.

11. wolfsrosebud says:

nice that some things never change… that’s God

12. claudia says:

the staying with us in the deepest pit made me think of daniel in the lion’s den…so encouraging, isn’t it..

13. Linda,

How true…the truth of God does not fade with time. These words are as powerful today. Thank you for sharing with us!

Love and blessings,

Gladwell

14. blesseddad says:

Wow Linda,
    Extremely impressed, so many very important thoughts in such a few words. This line really rings true to me”Even though I’ve often strayed
    Throughout my life You always stayed”. as I was just today telling a friend the same thing in different words. God Bless
    Jim

15. Oh Linda . . .I loved your poem. 🙂 I’m so glad and blessed you shared it with us. And thank you for mentioning me . . .some days my poems really stink and maybe I shouldn’t try to write one everyday! ha! But He knows our hearts, right? So I’ll keep trying! Have a great weekend! deb

• Deb, I’ve been reading your poems for a while now, and I’ve yet to find one that stinks! We can be so critical of our own writing, can’t we? You glorify God with every word, and that is what it is all about. Peace, Linda